COVID-19 Transportation Guidelines
- Students with symptoms of COVID-19 should not attend school or be passengers on buses
- All school bus passengers in Grade 4 and over, as well as the driver, are required to wear a non-medical mask.
- These should be put on before getting on the bus and taken off after exiting the bus, if removal is appropriate for the setting.
- Students in lower grades may also wear non-medical masks.
- All passengers and drivers should perform hand hygiene before and after being on the bus.
- Where capacity allows, leave the seat immediately behind the driver unoccupied.
- When possible and as weather permits, open windows and/or roof vents to allow for increased ventilation.
- Assign seats so the same students are seated in the same seats every day for regular bus routes.
- Where possible, seat one student per seat on the school bus. Students from the same household can also sit together on one seat.
- Where one student/household per seat is not possible, seat students from the same in-school cohort on the same seat on the bus.
- Students who require a companion to ride the bus may sit next to their companion (treated as if they were from the same household and/or in-school cohort).
- As per routine protocols, students should remain seated in their own seats and should not move around the bus.
- Students may transfer from one bus to another to get to and from school. These students will be considered members of two bus cohorts.
- Children should maintain physical distancing (two metres is recommended) when lining up to get on the bus, and when exiting the bus.
- Bus pick-up and drop-off of students at the school should be staggered where possible, to avoid crowding at the school entrance.
- Buses should be loaded from back to front and unloaded from front to back; one student or household should stand up and exit at a time to minimize close contact between students.
- Ensure there is enhanced cleaning of seats and other high-touch surfaces (e.g., windows, railings) before each new group of students attends the bus.
- Hard-surface disinfectants or cleaning agents may be transported on a bus providing the product is secured and not accessible to students
- Subject to public health guidance and risk of COVID-19 transmission, additional measures for physical distancing may be required during the school year.
Policy Regarding School Cancellation
In case schools are closed due to COVID-19, or any other reason beyond our control, your account balance will be reduced by an amount equal to 50% of the remaining balance.
For example, if schools close after 2 months (20% of the year), your account balance will be reduced by 50% of the remaining 80% of the annual fees.
Put another way, if the annual fee is $1,200, after 2 months, your account will be reduced by 1200 * 0.8 * 0.5 = $480.